1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roommate stole from me!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by H0bb5, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H0bb5

H0bb5 Thread Starter

Hey everyone, wondering if someone can help me here.
    I'm across the country for university, and received my Christmas present yesterday in the mail from my parents. I was sent a delivery notification by DHL at 11:30
    and when arriving home three of my roommates told me it was on the fireplace and reported seeing it up until an hour before I got home.
    I live with 8 other roommates, I asked everyone in the house and they all claim to not know where it went, some more shocked than others.
    This SUCKS because it was my only present from my family and it's really all i'm going to get for christmas, I can't bear the thought of lying to my mom on the phone about enjoying the gift and how great it is, but I can't tell her it got stolen..

Anyways, what I've decided to do is block internet access.
    I have control over the router, it's a netgear WNDR3300.
    I've logged on, I have the username/password for it, (it was admin/password) i've changed that.
    and what i'm looking to do is cut off the access to pages.
    Right now im able to cut off google, facebook, keywords etc..
    But what i'd really like to do is figure out a way to forward whatever address they try to my website where a page will display the information about what is going on.

None of this illegal activity, listed in the forum rules nor is it illegal itself, it's just using some tech-knowledge to an advantage.
    I will even let them return it anonymously, I don't care.
    Anyways, I'm decent with computers as well as web design/programming.
    So if anyone has any tips or can help me accomplish what I'm trying, please respond or email me!
    Thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    While it may not be in direct violation of the rules, its not in good nature and probably not something we want to assist in. The correct approach would be to report the theft to the police if confronting your roommates has not worked as DHL will have a record of it being delivered.

And I really don't see the need to lie to your parents or not telling her it was stolen.

I'm gonna close the thread unless other administration wishes to re-open it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice