1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Root Record of Software time/date stamp of installation/changes

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BAY01, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAY01

BAY01 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3002 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152624 MB, Free - 101762 MB;
    Motherboard: Wistron, 3612
    Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint Protection, Updated and Enabled

I had my laptop hard drive replaced and part of the agreement included the installation of MS Office Professional. When I went to pick-up the laptop I asked for the MS Office product Key Codes for my records and registration. The store owner said he had already registered the software and it was set to go, just bring it back if I ever needed to reinstall for any reason. I was suspicious as a legal installation would include this information.

When I got the laptop home and started it up, I checked to see the licensing information on MS Office Professional and it was registered to IUWare (University of Indiana), I have reported this to their ITC Support and other security and policy departments. Long story short I am in process of filing a FBI claim against this vendor and a VISA dispute as well. I want to know how I can access the time/date stamp on the initial installation of MS Office Professional on my hard drive and all changes made since that initial installation. The first night I had run time errrors and took the laptop back to the vendor and he attempted to erase the program from my laptop but only took out the keycodes so I can no longer access IUware which is fine I do not want to use illegally installed software but I do want some type of documentation of what happened on the hard drive and when. The hard drive he installed was half the size of the one originally in my laptop and I am continuing to have problems and fear it will crash before I am able to prove my claims against this vendor.

Thank you in advance for your help.. Barb :confused:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you go Control Panel > Progarms and Features, you can see the date of installation of all software. If the date column isn't showing, right click on the column headers and checkmark "Installed On'.

3. BAY01

BAY01 Thread Starter

Hi, I can see it but it will not print screen and there is no windows tool bar showing in that screen to drop down a list.. I have also tried the Incident Logs but he erased the installation and deletion logs only showing what he did the day after I returned the laptop for run-time error code messages. Anyway know to get to the DOS C prompt and which registry file would house that information?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice