1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router and Laptop have stopped talking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by aghorner, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aghorner

aghorner Thread Starter

I recently setup a wireless internet connection for a friend, they have a HP Laptop 510 and a Lynksys WAG54GS wireless router. When I first set the network up about a month ago both the laptop and the router communicated happily.

When they returned from a weekend away they found that all the lights had gone out on the router. They switched the router back on and have been unable to access the internet wirelessly ever since.

I’ve checked the settings of both the laptop and the router and everything seems in order. The laptop will see the wireless network, and reports that it is connected to the wireless network. The router sees the laptops MAC address as been connected to it. But neither device can ping each other.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Yours - Antony

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like something happened to the router. Did you try a factory reset and reconfiguring it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice