router and mobile hotspot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

emaildjchap

I currently have 3 computers and run windows 10 operating system and would like to connect all the computers to the router and connect my phone hotspot for free is there anyway I can do that

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you're asking about using a router to connect to your phone's hotspot, yes, you can do that. Some routers have the ability to connect to a WiFi network as the WAN circuit. An example of a router like this are the ones from Cradlepoint.

But I've attached more than one device to a phone's hotspot before. So you shouldn't need a router.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by free. Keep in mind all cell providers that I'm aware of (at least in the US), have a limit on data usage of devices attached to a phone's hot spot.

Yes i agree with zx10guy. you must need a router, which supports mobile hotspot function.

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
i agree with zx10guy. you must need a router,
If you agree why do you contradict him when he says, "you shouldn't need a router"? If you are going to post please try to find something helpful to say.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online