router and playstation 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PlUc

hello..i was wondering if u coudl use a router to use the playstation 2 online gamign..anyone know if this will work or not???
any help would be nice

Yes you can use a router.
Are trying to connect it to an internet connection that you currently use on a computer(s)?

Just take and plug the cable from the ps2 to the router, to one of the open ports, and you shouldnt have any problems :)

PlUc

so gimme the details on what exactly i have to do to do this.haha

take and buy a cable to connect your ps2 from the online thingy to the router. its about as basic as it gets really.. same type of cable that you use to connect ur pc to the router... :)

PlUc

..what kina cableing do you know?..did you need any software to put in the ps2

for the ps2 u just connect it from the router to the box via a patch cable. after plugging it in u take and place the cd that came wit it in the slot and it will work to detect ur connection :)
its rather simple - hope it works for ya. if ya have any more questions let me know :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online