1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router clarification required

Discussion in 'Networking' started by shanilay, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanilay

shanilay Thread Starter

Can any 1 help me out, looking for a wireless router for my Airtel Connection. Currently having a ADSL2+Router from BEETEL which i m connecting it to my laptop through ethernet cable. so if i purchase a simple wireless router with N technology i.e.TP-Link TL-WR740N how will it work with my laptop. to sum up
    Current Setup :
    Phone line to modem
    Modem to ADSL2+router
    ADSL2+router to laptop through Ethernet cable.
    New Setup will be what i think tell me if i am wrong:
    Phone line to modem
    Modem to ADSL2+router
    ADSL2+router to New wireless router i.e. TP-Link TL-WR740N
    New wireless router i.e. TP-Link TL-WR740N to my laptop through wifi connectivity
    can any 1 suggest the new setup id different with the above how will i connect to new wireless router whether i still be needing ADSL2+router or not. Thanks in Advance

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

You would remove the first router and replace it with the new one. You don't need both.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice