1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router Configuration

Discussion in 'Games' started by dukutv, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dukutv

dukutv Thread Starter

I am trying to configure my router so that it will play Asheron's Call. I went onto portforward.com and my router is Linksys WRT54Gv6. I go to the default IP address for configuration and when it asks for my password/username, none of the ones that were given (i.e. blank or admin) work in any combination. I was wondering if anyone would know how to find out this information for this model/version or if there is another way to port forward the ranges 9000-9001, 9004-9005, and 9012-9013? Thank you!

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

go to the Lynksys web site and it will tell you the proper Default login, also how to Reset if another has been set.

3. Jason08

Jason08

Have you tried leaving the username blank and putting admin for the password.

4. like 45 ninjas.

like 45 ninjas.

It could be possible that your router was configured by someone else.
    Did anybody help you set up your router? If so, they might have password protected it for you. It is bad to leave a router unencrypted without a password, so ask them if they changed it.
    Another possibility is that someone hacked your router if it was left unencrypted with the default password. If you cannot find the password, you'll have to hold the reset button on the back of your router. Then you should be able to log in with blank and admin, but be sure to change the password as soon as possible so that other people cannot get in. I hope this helps. :)

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Yes. You will need to do 3 separate rules, but like mentioned, you should reset your router first.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/780854

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice