1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router disconnects everything when trying to connect to other players in any game.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by i7hice, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i7hice

i7hice Thread Starter

Hey all, first time poster here.

Pretty much I first noticed this problem when I would connect to Xbox Live via wireless and it would work fine, but as soon as I start searching for players in say Halo Reach it would disconnect everything on the network. This included computers and phones that are connected either via Ethernet cords or wirelessly.

It is my router disconnecting and not my modem though as I have two separate devices. In order for me to restore connection I have to manually restart the router as I can't access it through the usual 192.168.0.1 method.

Giving up I decided to play some MW3 on PC but as soon as I started to connect to other clients my whole internet would disconnect. Again this is just the router doing it. I've portforwarded everything as required however it is still giving me this issue.

So what I know for sure is that as soon as my router tries to connect to other clients rather than a server such as websites,xbox live etc it would disconnect.

What would be causing this????

The router is a Dlink DIR-300

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1035653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice