1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Router extender

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dogluver, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Belkin Router extender that worked fine until I unplugged my modem and router awhile ago. I forget why I needed to do this, but is there something I need to do to my extender for it to connect. I tried plugging it back in and it won't connect. Is there anything I can try? I haven't found much info on this unless I'm looking in the wrong places. I have a 2000 sq. foot home and the router & modem is upstairs. My t.v. that I want to stream from is downstairs. So wifi is not always very strong. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    First you'll have to plug the router in. Then if the extender does not reconnect unplug it for a minute and then plug it back in. If it still does not reconnect reset it to factory defaults and set it up as you did originally.

3. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll try it out.

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    If you still have issues please provide the exact model of your range extender and we can provide more help.

5. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Still having issues after trying to connect for 2 hours. It came up under my wifi, but was not secure. Had no idea what to do. I went to the website Belkin.range and belkin.setup, but when I put my password in, it wasn't secure. Really was nervous about that. There were just so many problems. Anyway, here is my info: Belkin N600 DB, Model # F9K1122V1. I'm out of ideas on what to do. Thanks for any help you can give me.

6. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
  7. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I can't wait to follow the manual and know I'm doing everything correct. This is a HUGE help! I am going to try this tomorrow, but this time I'm pretty confident I will be able to connect. I will let you know how everything goes.

I really can't thank you enough!!! You have been so helpful and it is greatly appreciated. Have a great evening.

Mindy

8. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    You are Welcome. Good luck and let us know if your get it working or you have more questions.

9. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Starting a new thread about DNS problems with connecting my extender.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice