1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router/ISP/Internet Problems! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Snipes540, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snipes540

Snipes540 Thread Starter

Well, I have been trying to change my rogers IP for about a week because I got banned from something... I heard of this thing called MAC Cloning and wanted to try it out. I saw instructions on a website. It said that because I have my internet set up as "Modem to Router to Computer" that I should go on my Routers homepage and change the settings from there. So after going on the site, I saw where it said "Clone MAC". I entered a MAC address, and then I took the plug out of both my Router and Modem for about 10 seconds and then plugged it back in. There was something Wrong! I could not use Firefox, Internet explorer and many more internet related things! I could still run liveupdate for my Norton 360, and I could still use Limewire. Also, the average download speed was about 70 KB per second, when it usually is about 360 KB per second. Then, I connected the Modem directly to my computer without using the Router and everything worked. Did I mess something up with my Router? Did my ISP Rogers, cut me off? Please Please Help! I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. I have 4 GB of RAM. My Router Type is "TRENDNET TEW-632BRP". I have Rogers Lite Internet.
    Thank You.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

We don't assist people in bypassing site bans, I suggest you modify your behavior, not your IP address.

Closed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice