1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

router issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JJAG, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JJAG

JJAG Thread Starter

2 problems.

1- my hard line from interenet box to computer doesnt show up on my computer. can only use computer when wireless is working.

2. my network keeps dropping. was having problem with my router and was just disconnecting so tried another and im having same problem.

what info do you need?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    1. Version of Windows.
    2. Please explain "internet box"; we have no idea if you have a modem , router or a combo (gateway) device.
    3. Brand and models of the hardware (that means computer - so we know hardware), modem and router(s).

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Make sure that your cable is plugged in.
    Make sure you have the Local Area Connection listed in Network Connections / Network and Sharing Center.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Make sure that the cable is plugged into the CAT 5 connector and NOT the J45 phone modem connector?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice