1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router Loopback?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Damonc, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

I have a netcomm NB1300 +4 ADSL Modem/Router/Switch. We have a machine on our network is that is acting as a small server at the moment to one of our sub-domains. I've put all the port forwarding entries in, and can access the machine accross the internet although I can't access it "internally" so I'm assuming I need to set up something on the modem to loop back, what setting do I need to enter in to do that?

2. JonathanAnon

JonathanAnon Banned

For IP NAT loopback. This allows you to access an internal IP by its public IP. Find the router manual and turn it on. Hope this helps.

3. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

The router has options for NAT, but nothing about IP NAT. Would it be called anything else, or is there any other way I can do it?

4. JonathanAnon

JonathanAnon Banned

use the comand prompt on the router and enter the command manually (as opposed to changing through the browser interface. But I had a Linksys router.

Does you manual say anything.

5. coulterp

coulterp

How are you trying to access the LAN server, by IP address or domain name? If the former I'm not sure why you should have a problem. I routinely access VNC server, Apache server, etc, etc, from other LAN hosts by LAN IP address without difficulty.
    If by domain name then yes you probably want IP NAT loopback, but AFAIK not all router models support it.
    I think if your router does not offfer the IP NAT loopback option you will be restricted to access by LAN IP address.

6. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

I was trying to access it via domain name.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/317817