1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router/Modem Limit

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kraddark, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kraddark

kraddark Thread Starter

I have a modem for a 2mbps internet connection.. A wifi router specifically a DLINKW610N which is running on DDWRT firmware, also, I have a 24 port network switch from which there are direct connections to other PC's and other WIFI ROUTERS.

My questions are:

I noticed that the modem occasionally goes down and i need to reset it to function again.
    1. Does the number of connected devices has any to do with this?
    2. Is there a limit for the number of connections in the modem/router/switch?
    3. Can you suggest a better set-up for my network?

BTW, computers are on DHCP.

Thanks!

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Yes, have a look in the router settings and see what the range of the DHCP is

3. kraddark

kraddark Thread Starter

3. Can you suggest a better set-up for my network?

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

no i'm not an expert in this type of networking , just domestic installations - but not sure what your choices are other than
    modem>router>switch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058589