1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router/Networking Issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kurrency21, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kurrency21

Kurrency21 Thread Starter

I've connected the desktop directly to the modem on my prior post and it seemed to run fine but wasn't on it for a long time, I'll have to try this technique when no one else is using the streaming internet signal, this house is run on the internet.

Modem: Ubee - DDM350C
    Service Provider: Midcontinent Communications
    I'm thinking trying to disable DCHP like you posted earlie might be the best next step to produce results but I'm not knowledgeable of how to do such a thing.

Side note: I'll be on vacation from now until the 9th. Ill still check back to see if anything else has been thought of

2. haryl87

haryl87

How many ports does your modem have on it? Is the router your using soley for wireless purposes?

3. Kurrency21

It only has 1 port. Yes it is solely to connect the other devices in the house other than the hardwired desktop which is right next to the router and modem.

4. Kurrency21

Dead thread?

5. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

My post #13

your response post #16
    Did you manage to try just the modem ?
    it would help eliminate the problems
    also the status of all the lights on the modem and on the router - do they change

6. rsoto

rsoto

Look at your O/S. Are you using Windows 7 home or professional. Professional will fix many of your probems.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

This is neither accurate nor helpful.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049570