1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router not displaying devices

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nasho23, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasho23

Nasho23 Thread Starter

I have My PC (Win7) with Netgear WGR614v7 connected by Wired LAN to Topfield 7100 Pvr and Laptop (XP Pro). My main concern is the Topfield Pvr which must download programs from IceTV Interactive for Recording. After setting it up as DHCP (reccommended by both Ice TV and Topfield) and Pinging both ways to prove connection, I logged into the Router to check Network Status. The Topfield was displayed in the Attached Devices Page of the Router. Satisfied that all was setup OK, I logged out of the Router. Later in the day, I again logged into the Router to again check the Status of the Network. The only thing showing in the Attached Devices was: My Pc - the Topfield and the Laptop, both previously present, were not displayed in the Attached Devices Page, even though they were still Connected, On, and able to be pinged. The bring them back, I have to Re Activate the Topfield connection, unplug and replug the Cable on the Laptop.
    I am of the belief, that once Devices are Setup, Remain Connected. Remain ON and are available for Communication (proven by Pinging), they should at all times be visible in the Attached Devices Page of the Router.
    As I am not familiar with how the Router maintains its contact with Devices, I am at a loss to understand if my belief is correct or what may be the cause of my apparrent problem.
    Any advice will be most helpful. I do not particularly want to buy a new Router.
    I have also set the Topfield to a Static IP Address and Reserved this Address in the Router, but this has made no difference at all.
    Note also, the Router is now updated to the latest Firmware as this problem has been bugging me for a while now.
    Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice