1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router plus Bridge Configuration Help......

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rocco_616, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rocco_616

Rocco_616 Thread Starter

I have a WNDR3700 connected to a wired network that I access through wireless. When I get pretty far away from the WNDR3700 I loose the ability to connect and I was thinking if I could extend the wireless network by adding a DAP-1522.

I want to have the WNDR3700 and the DAP-1522 connected via wireless and using a laptop I want to be able to access the wired network from anywhere in the facility.

Can this be done and could you guys tell me step by step how to do it, I will definitely appreciate.

2. xalerik

xalerik

Hi,

For best performance is good to have cable installed between WNDR3700 and d-link access point at remote location. All those repeaters, extenders and wireless distribution systems affects wireless performance.

3. Rocco_616

Rocco_616 Thread Starter

So how you recommend I should set the 1522, as an access point or a bridge?
    Any suggestions on how to do it are welcome.

4. xalerik

xalerik

In case if you connect cable from netgear to DAP - access point, end point network will be wireless, same as distributed by netgear

If Bridge used you will get end point by cable, but DAP will connect to netgear by wireless channel.

So by changing access point to bridge you changing WAN port from cable to WLAN.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice