1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router/Port Forwarding Questions

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bones6987, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bones6987

Bones6987 Thread Starter

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong place, or has already been covered. However, out of everything I read that was close enough to my problem still did not answer the questions. I recently switched to AT&T Uverse Fiber Optic service. Using a Motorola NVG589 from AT&T. Not sure why, but it has a Cisco 802.11n AP Bridge VEN501 attached (I don't know for what). There doesn`t seem to be any way to alter any of the settings with the wireless bridge, at least without messing anything up. On the Motorola modem/router I've gone through the firewall tab, then to NAT/Gaming tab, and have done the following: gave my PC a static IP through the Windows 7 interface (don't know if there was anything to do for this part on the modem/router or not), assigned ports TCP/UDP: 7350 (for Reign of Kings private home server), and assigned it to the static IP of my PC. Now when I get to allowing this through Windows 7 firewall, that's where I'm getting stumped I think. I know for sure I need more info in this area, so all comments are welcome. In any case, the port checker tool I have says the ports are closed and I need them open, any ideas?

2. Bones6987

Bones6987 Thread Starter

Really????? Nothing???? All of these so-called tech help sites and not one person will even answer a question. Why bother putting the site up at all? Please, do us both a favor, just delete this account, you people are worthless.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Well that attitude is not going to get you any help from the VOLUNTEERS here.

I found your post extremely difficult to read without any punctuation, and had to start again twice.

I assume your question is why are the ports showing as closed??
    Can you draw a little picture showing your set up and how things are connected?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice