1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router & Powerline Networking Issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by radar2ooo, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radar2ooo

radar2ooo Thread Starter

Hi everyone.

Looking for some advice.

I recently received a Sony blu-ray player for xmas which has an ethernet connection. So I decided to upgrade my router from a D-link wireless G to a D-Link Wireless N Router (DIR-825). I then decided to purchase a NETGEAR 200Mbps Powerline Kit (XAVB2001-100PAS), as I didn't feel like paying $100+ for a Sony wireless dongle.

So when I hooked up the NETGEAR powerline kit, the powerline LED showed a green link rate. Great news! But hold on...

So I connect this up to my Sony blu-ray player and start watching some streaming content and immediately notice the powerline LED is showing a red link rate. Not good news...songs and some movies start to lag.

I tried switching one of the powerline receivers to a different power outlet, but got the same red powerline LED link rate.

Could there be a compatibility issue between the D-Link wireless router and the poweline Netgear kit?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2. radar2ooo

radar2ooo Thread Starter

Hi vinus.

Thanks for your response...but I'm not sure it provides any insight to my questions above.

Cheers!

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    it could be quality of wiring - are any of these on an extension lead

I stream music and HD video via a G wireless setup no issue - iPlayer, SkyPlayer and some stored HD video content and music direct to my TV and PVR

All broadcast material is only 1080i

so no reason why the G should not work fine ..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974372

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice