1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router Problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kainy, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kainy

kainy Thread Starter

Hey all,

I don't know the exact model, becase I am at work. But I have a D-link 802.11g wireless router. I've been having problems with my bit torrent. I used to have a DSL internet account, and it worked good, I got aprox 100kbps upload. Then I switched to Cable, and I get 5-6kbps upload. However, if I go directly to the modem, I get 150kps upload. I tried calling D-link tech support, and they said that their router could not handel that many connections at one time, and suggested I buy a new gaming router.

So, as a test, my room mate brought home an old netgear 802.11b router, and we could again, upload on our cable at 150kps. So its obviosuly a setting in the router, but I'm completly lost.

Any ideas??

2. onsite

onsite

that is really slow , i have FIOS , fiber optic DSL. My uploads are upto 4m(meg)bs
    Downlods, the fastest so far 1.8 mbs and i probably pay less thanyou for your cable. I have a DLINK DI 624. You may need to upgrade the router firmware. you may also want to do a hard reset ( you will lose your settings)

3. kainy

kainy Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, my internet upstream is Up to 800kps, but I usually get 150kbs. My down speed is 7mb, and I can get around that while using multiple torrents... thats the fastest I get, the DSL in my area is brutal.

But anyway, yeah. I've done the hard reset, and updated my firmware (did both of these before calling tech support, that is usually my last resort) I'm just so confused right now.

4. onsite

onsite

so i guess you need to use the router and can not connect directly to the modem. for a test.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You obviously missed the TSG Rules on your way in. We don't provide assistance for P2P applications. please don't ask for such help here.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice