1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router Question

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gamez_girl, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gamez_girl

Gamez_girl Thread Starter

Is there a router that will take wired and wireless network cards?

2. jimi

jimi

this one is fast

or these guys

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Any "wireless" router includes wired ports and will do both.

4. shenrick

shenrick

I've had my DLink DI 614+ wireless router for about 6 months now, and am very pleased with it. (It, like any other wireless router, has wireless/wired capabilities) You might want to check it out....Just follow this link http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=20 to find out more. I bought mine at Costco for just about $75.00, and that included the wireless card for my laptop. We worked on Linksys in college, but I'm much happier with D-Link. Plus, you don't really have to be a "network geek" (pardon the expression from a fellow geek lol), to be able to set this up. It's fairly easy and straightforward. If you need any more help trying to make up your mind, PM me and I'll see what else I can research for you.

5. JohnWill

shenrick, you got robbed! :D I bought the DI-614+ on an OfficeDepot rebate deal for $15 after rebate. :)

6. shenrick

shenrick

:p yea...but did you get a lifetime warranty AND the wireless adapter? :D lol

7. shenrick

shenrick

In other words, the warranty is basically this: If (even 5 years from now) I decide to buy another router, I just take this one back, with the receipt, for a full refund. Pretty cool huh? :)

8. JohnWill

Well, in 5 years your $75 will have lost at least $15 in value, if not much more. I figure I'm ahead of the game, and I have the rest of the money now! :D

9. shenrick

shenrick

Well, johnwill, since you have your e-mail and private msg feature turned off, I'll have to say this here, although I didn't want to. I didn't come to this board to get into an "I-spent-less-money-than-you-therefore-I'm-a-better-person-than-you" debate with anyone. I suppose the fact that I responded to your first post was my own fault, but in the future, I would suggest you refrain from sending a post to someone, saying they got robbed, etc. in a tech forum where it doesn't belong. As I said before, I came to this board to give advice on tech issues, as well as receive advice on tech issues, not to be made to feel stupid simply for the fact that wherever you live happened to sell the same piece of equipment for less than where I purchased mine. Furthermore, I would appreciate you not responding to any of my posts, unless you have something relevant to say.

Admin's, I'm sorry I had to post this here, but I felt this was the only way to get my point across to this particular user.

10. JohnWill

Take a deep breath, and just pass the message by if you don't like it. I respond to any post that I choose to, this is a public forum. Don't take yourself so seriously. :rolleyes:

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice