Router Repeater

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

satrahdesign

Hi everyone,
just a quick question that i hope someone can help me with, because it's really doing my head in.
I have a netgear wireless modem/router, which is on one side of the room, on the other side i need to get an ethernet to my foxtel box.
DSE sold me a Belklin Surf wireless router, which they told me i could setup as a form of repeater, so i can send the wifi across the room to the belkin, then use the ethernet ports to connect to the foxtel box.
Could someone guide me on setting this up?
I think i may be having problems with the network ip addresses?
The main router is set to 10.1.1.1 and the belkin is on the 192.168.2.1
Thank you in advance to any advice you can give me.
Cheers,
Josh

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
First off, I've had loads of issues trying to get the Belkin repeater mode to work with anything but another Belkin box. I'd take it back and get a repeater that actually claims to work with all brands. In the Belkin manual, they even specify it's only compatible with other Belkin equipment, or at least they used to.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online