1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router seems to be blocking sites

Discussion in 'Networking' started by 843, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 843

843 Thread Starter

Ever since I installed my 2700HGV-2 modem, I no longer can access certain sites (in particular zshare.net and filesend.net). I did some research and tried lowering the MTU to 1400, 1300, 1200 but it still doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong (does changing MTU require a restart?), maybe I'm not lowering it enough, maybe those two sites are down at the moment, or maybe the problem is somewhere else. Any idea?

2. tek guy

tek guy

Did you ever lower the MTU of the router?

3. tek guy

tek guy

4. 843

843 Thread Starter

That was the MTU, my bad.

5. jmwills

jmwills

How about trying to reset the modem to the defaults and then see what happens. 1492 is the norm for MTU settings.

6. 843

843 Thread Starter

I left it in the default mode when I couldn't access the sites, hence I tried lowering the MTU, but it still didn't work, so now it's changed back to 1492.

On a side note, zshare.net and filesend.net are not down, right?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/689135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice