1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router settings preventing WiFi cam connection?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by babyflarebear, Oct 25, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. babyflarebear

babyflarebear Thread Starter

I just purchased 2 zmodo second hand mini WiFi cameras that will not connect to my network through the me share app. I checked with the company and they aren't attached to any account and was advised to use the zmodo app instead. Same issue, it uses a qr code and it just cycles back and forth between blinking green (standby) and blinking blue (trying to connect). Customer service has been useless but they did tell me that the cameras usually try to connect through port 8087. I am inexperienced with port forwarding and do not want to compromise my Internet security by messing anything up. I have a generic netgear d2200d router that Frontier communications provided. They were also useless with helping me. I do not have a pc, only an older galaxy, and also the cameras only have a mini USB port for power. No ethernet port nor reset button. Please help.

I've also done everything that the zmodo people suggested such as turning on my location and turning off my mobile data.

2. babyflarebear

Here is the camera

Attached Files:

3. Joshuaperry64

Joshuaperry64

i mean. i forward ports regularly and im fine. if i were you i would forward the port and see if it works and then decide rather to leave it open or not.

just saying if it was really a bad security threat it wouldn't be an option

4. babyflarebear

I don't know exactly how. I've tried researching and learning how but I just don't understand completely. I can't do it on a computer, just through my router settings through frontier.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Do you have the app on your Iphone or android phone?

Source: https://www.zmodo.com/mini-camera-720p/

If neither, then it appears you will have to log in to user.zmodo.com
    https://user-zmodo.meshare.com/login

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice