1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router tripled internet speed!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mike12975, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike12975

mike12975 Thread Starter

Ok, I just networked my 2 computers together with a Linksys BEFSR41 v2. I have had DSL for about 4 months prior, and I would get about 40 kb/sec transfer rate when I download. I thought that was great having had Dial up.

Now since I have hooked up the router, I get 120 kb/sec on both PCs! How could this had made a difference. I thought adding one more thing for the connection to go through would at least slow it down a little, but instead it has tripled.

Anyone know what's going on?

I'm not complaining, just curious.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm going to guess that somewhere along the line your MTU got optimized for DSL connections. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice