Router Troubles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iworld

I have a 4-port SMC router which connects three computers to the internet. Today, for some odd unknown reason, when I restarted one of the three computers, I got a text message in the icon-manager-thingy bar which said "Your computer has limited or no connectivity." And as the message said, no internet worked!

My other two computers have internet and are working properly, but it is just this one computer which will not connect to the internet. I tried multiple ways to connect it, such as:
1. Control Panel -> Network Connections -> right click -> disable -> right click -> enable
2. Rebooting Router and Modem
3. Control Panel -> Run -> CMD -> ipconfig /release -> ipconfig /renew

Nothing worked! Oh yeah, and the annoying part is I called my router company, but they won't help me because my router doesn't have warranty anymore.

Please help!

bearone2

Banned
run the cable from another port on the router to the suspect computer.

in device manager, is there an exclamation point for the network adapter?

the card or pci slot may have failed/malfunctioned.

Restart the whole network--

Shut EVERYTHING down. Modem, router, computers. Turn everything back on beginning with the modem, wait 2 minutes, turn on the router, wait two minutes, then turn on the computers one by one.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll go to the next step

You must be set for DHCP. your PC will give this message when it didn't get an IP address from the DHCP server, and was forced to give its self the default IP address.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online