1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router Username and Password

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Trish1225, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trish1225

Trish1225 Thread Starter

I have an Arris TM402G/110 modem for my Internet access. I did not set this up myself, but I need the username and password. I tried to google the information, but it is not working. Any advice?

2. hewee

hewee

Linksys routers info is here.
    http://www.chetnet.co.uk/ems/linksys.htm

Don't know what the default is for your router.

If it was never given a password the for the user leave blank and type admin in the password box.

3. Trish1225

Trish1225 Thread Starter

Thanks hewee. Actually, I have a Time Warner router. I called to ask them the username and password, but they stated that they do not use them. Said they had automatic IP addressing. Even so, I tried admin in both boxes and tried leaving the password blank, but nothing happens. Given their answer, it would appear that I will not be able to obtain access.

4. Trish1225

Trish1225 Thread Starter

By the way, the model number on my router is 60740EUW.

5. Pagn

Pagn

You have a straight cable modem and so should not be running into a login. Try hard resetting the modem by finding the reset switch on the back and depressing it for 10-30 seconds...all the lights should go solid when it resets to default, though that's only conjecture on my part from working with routers.

Incidentally, here are links to the manufacturer's website and the manual in pdf format:

Site: http://www.arrisi.com/support/index.asp
    Manual Download: http://www.arrisi.com/support/guides/_docs/TM402_User_Guide.pdf

6. hewee

hewee

Looks like it is just a modem so you may want to get a router and if it was me I sure would a router.

So if you do then your need to renew your IP address.
    Anytime a router is added or taken away you have to renew your IP address.
    So go to this link and copy the page so your have it.
    Q: How do I release and renew my IP address on my computer?

7. Trish1225

Trish1225 Thread Starter

Thanks hewee!

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You have a plain cable modem. :)

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

For the Ambit (now named Ubee) 60740EUW cable modem/router combo ...

The default User name is user
    The default Password is user

Here is a user manual.

Having trouble finding info about that first mentioned critter. A couple years ago some guy named johnwill in another forum said, "The guy at your ISP is an idiot, the Arris TM402G/110 is a VoIP modem and has a NAT layer ...". :)

Finally found an Arris Touchstone™ TM402 Telephony Modem User’s Guide, but no info on user/password. :(

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/848227