1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Router wifi help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rampo, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rampo

rampo Thread Starter

Have a verizon router actiontec mi424wr all of the sudden I cannot conect to the internet thru wifi I have directv 2 laptops and a cell phon and now nothing will connect to the internet had verizon send me a new router and still same problem. I get 2 messages one connection is limited and the other not valid ip address. can anyone help

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Is your problem with connecting by Wi-Fi to the router or with the router having internet access?

If the former, can you connect successfully by ethernet?

3. Rockn

Rockn

Open a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG /all and post back the results. It sounds like a DNS issue to me.

4. systemsrestore11

systemsrestore11

Get on your PC or your laptop and make sure you have it either net cable connected into one of the ports make sure you've also completed a factory reset which means following the directions for it which you can get online once plugged into the modem get on a browser and go into the address bar and type in 192. and hit answer use the default username and password and follow the install wizard guide. If you have a flashing Internet like a flashing wireless light then you might want to try going into the device manager on your Windows computer locating the Wi-Fi adapter in the network adapters section and right-clicking inter properties than click drivers then uninstall and uninstall the Wi-Fi adapter. Then reboot your computer which will reinstall the Wi-Fi adapter properly and check for your Wi-Fi network enter your password and you should be good.

5. systemsrestore11

systemsrestore11

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1163874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice