1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Router's been reset; devices won't take new password

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MonkeyPeterman, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MonkeyPeterman

MonkeyPeterman Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 560 @ 2.67GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3317 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA NVS 3100M, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 149 GB (8 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0K42JR
    Antivirus: System Center Endpoint Protection, Enabled and Updated

I was having internet issues. Modem is def. not the problem. I did a factory reset on my Netgear R6400 router. I changed the network names (for the 2.4 and 5 ghz) and the password. None of my devices that used to use the wifi now accept the new password. Also, my devices are seeing both the generic network names (Netgear23 and Netgear23-5g) AND the new name I've given the network.

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    If you gave the same SSID's as previously you'd, probably, have to "forget" the network, reboot and then re-connect with the new password.

3. MonkeyPeterman

MonkeyPeterman Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. I figured out that I hadn't changed the password for the network, because it calls the password the "pre-shared key," and I didn't realize that. I guess I changed my password for the website instead of the network. :rolleyes:

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Glad you got it figured out. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!