Solved Router's been reset; devices won't take new password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MonkeyPeterman

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 560 @ 2.67GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3317 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA NVS 3100M, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 149 GB (8 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0K42JR
Antivirus: System Center Endpoint Protection, Enabled and Updated

I was having internet issues. Modem is def. not the problem. I did a factory reset on my Netgear R6400 router. I changed the network names (for the 2.4 and 5 ghz) and the password. None of my devices that used to use the wifi now accept the new password. Also, my devices are seeing both the generic network names (Netgear23 and Netgear23-5g) AND the new name I've given the network.

First Name
Morten
If you gave the same SSID's as previously you'd, probably, have to "forget" the network, reboot and then re-connect with the new password.

MonkeyPeterman

Thank you for your reply. I figured out that I hadn't changed the password for the network, because it calls the password the "pre-shared key," and I didn't realize that. I guess I changed my password for the website instead of the network. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online