1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Routing Internet Through On PC

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Omega.Serris, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega.Serris

Omega.Serris Thread Starter

Ok, this seems to be a unique situation since I cannot find a solution anywhere, its a bit complicated so bare with me...

I found a program called CCProxy which allows you to share internet that is directly connected to the host PC to any other PC on the network. After exploring the functions of this program, it gave me an idea. But to complete the network setup I am planning, I need to do the following:

1. Connect the Internet to my router (Linksys WRT54G) via Ethernet
    2. Route (preferably wireless only, but I can handle wired too) to the host PC (running the program
    - The host IP will be static so the other PCs can use it as a proxy server
    3. Route internet to ONLY the host PC (Or wired PCs)

If you haven't already guessed, my plan is to allow other people in my building to use my WLAN while using CCProxy's account feature to limit usage. If this isn't possible, I can use the built in feature of my router but it is rather limited in features...

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to try and tackle this rather specific issue ;)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please read the TSG Rules, you are violating the terms of service for your ISP by sharing your connection. We don't assist with illegal activities here at TSG.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice