1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio 5 or 6 doesn't open .cl4's

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by klberlin, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klberlin

klberlin Thread Starter

I had this problem with Roxio 5, and I'm having it again with Roxio 6. It claims that the application will open my .cl4 files (I have no problem opening .cl5's), but when I open the file, Roxio freezes and CRASHES!

I am desperate to open these files as I have some meaningful mixes from a few years ago that I'd like to reburn, since the original CDR's I burned them on are starting to get too scratched up to play.

Help!!!

Karen

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Can you answer a few questions about the problem

-Do all cl4 files have this problem, or just some?
    -What program did you use to create the cl4 files?
    -Have you ever used these files before? Its possible they were damaged or corrupted over time.

3. klberlin

klberlin Thread Starter

- Only some of these files crash Roxio. I can't figure out what's different about the ones that I'm able to open.

- I used Adaptec 4.0 to create the files. Since Roxio bought Adaptec, it says that they should still be compatible.

- I have not used the files since I reformatted my computer a year ago. The last time I used the files (that I can remember) was in May of last year.

Roxio 6 is somewhat of an improvement over Roxio 5... in 5, I couldn't open ANY files... in 6, I can open some but not all. No clue why this is.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Karen

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice