1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio and Nero 5.5

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dog_noy, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog_noy

dog_noy Thread Starter

I just baught a CD/RW drive and was wondering if I could install both Nero 5.5 and Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 platinum at the same time or do I have to just choose one and just forget about the other one? P.S. I have two hard drive would it help to install each on a seperate drive?

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

you are not really suppose to install both, but before i had nti cd maker, nero, adaptec easy cd creator, clone cd, and blind write all installed. I never had a problem.

The only way to know for sure is try it if you want. Personally I would just use nero.

You might want to backup your registry first before you install them.

Kind of like this

backup regisrty first

install roxio. don't install direct cd unless you really need it.

then if that works ok, backup the registry again.

then install nero and if everything is fine backup the registry one more time.

There is also a special way to select which burner software controls the system when the computer loads.

Safest way would be to just install nero.

3. slipe

slipe

If your Nero is the bundled version and the Roxio Platinum is full retail then the Roxio will be more full featured. I would prefer the bundled Nero to the bundled Roxio and the retail Nero to the retail Roxio. If the Nero is bundled and the Roxio retail you would likely be happier with the Roxio if you are going to use only one.

Version 5 of the Roxio seems to coexist fine with Nero. If you are going to put both on the computer, do a custom install of the Roxio and leave DirectCD off if you don’t plan to packet write. If it is already on the computer, there should be a separate uninstall for DirectCD in Add/remove programs.

In the past it was always DirectCD that caused compatibility problems. Even then many people had no problems and others were able to remove SCSI1HLP.VXD from their system and have the two get along. DirectCD 5 supposedly coexists fine. If you plan to use packet writing DirectCD is superior to its competitors. It is the only one that supports variable length packets which makes for much more secure data.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!