1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio and Nero DVD Burning problems?!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Misfit45, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Misfit45

Misfit45 Thread Starter

Hi all :) ,

I have just recently got a DVD recorder and have started using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 I have also got Nero which I have used for a couple of years for burning CDs.

I used Roxio to convert some files from DIVx to DVD, these have been saved as VOB files, but I cannot record them to disc.

The folder is VIDEO_TS. I tried copying the whole folder and it recorded but it won't play on my computer or DVD player. So I thought you might need to copy the individual files instead, but I get the following:

When using Nero to burn them:
    I highlight the files and press "ADD" and I get "NO COMPATIBLE FILE FOUND"

When using Roxio to burn them:
    The files don't seem to be in the folder.

I bought ROXIO cheap from Staples (as it had NO box or instructions - and I thought, "How difficult can it be")

I am new to DVD burning so i'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. :eek:

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. emoxley

emoxley

Roxio and Nero don't usually play well together, so they USUALLY can't be on the same computer. They conflict with each other. Try getting rid of one or the other. You can always re-install, if it doesn't help.

Everyone I know, personally and online, that had both, had problems. Once they got rid of one, problems stopped.
    I, personally, prefer Nero. It does a much better job, for my purposes.
    Good luck! :)

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Are you using Nero Express? When it fires up choose 'DVD Video Files' then just point it to the Folder, not the individual files. But as the previous poster said Nero and Roxio do not always play well together.

4. lighthouse

lighthouse

I've heard that Nero is supposed to be a very useful application but it's a bit unfortunate that it's named after a Roman despot equalled only by Calligula in notoriety. Isn't this something of a PR gaffe? LOL:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!