1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

roxio cd/dvd creator 6 help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JRD33, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JRD33

JRD33 Thread Starter

Hi
    when ever i try to burn this disc i get this one or more paths in this project has exceeded the maximum lentgh allowed.by the current file systm. you may continue to burn this disc, but the files in these paths may not be readable. can anyone please tell me what i need to do for this to work? i have xp home:confused:

thank you

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

try roxio help and support and FAQs they have good support for their programmes

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That error means exactly what it says. Some of the files you're trying to burn have a full path that is too long for Roxio to process and burn. The only way to fix this is to shorten the path. You can do this by renaming files or folders so fewer characters are used. Or you could copy the files in the long path to C:\Temp or another temporary folder at the root of the drive. Then you could burn them from there.

4. JRD33

JRD33 Thread Starter

Hi DoubleHelix

when i try to rename the files or folder i get this error renaming file or folder cannot rename sfw files on. this cd-rom drive are read-only you cannot copy or move files over to this cd-rom drive. cannot rename autorun files on this cd-rom drive are read-only.you cannot copy or move over to this cd-rom drive.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What exactly are you doing? It doesn't sound like you're backing up files from your hard drive or making copies for another purpose. Are you trying to make a copy of an existing CD?

6. JRD33

JRD33 Thread Starter

Hi DoubleHelix

i have scrapbook factory deluxe and i am trying to make a copy of it for someone.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's probably not legal to make a copy of commercial software for someone. I don't think we can help you here.

8. JRD33

JRD33 Thread Starter

Hi DoubleHelix
    ok thank you

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/531255

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice