1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio creator 9

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mrtubs, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrtubs

mrtubs Thread Starter

Hi
    I have recently had an unrelated problem on my pc which has resulted in me having to repair some windows file using the installation disk - windows xp home.

Since then I have not been able to use any of the video features in Roxio creator 9 such as create DVD

I get the message: " the following codec9s) must be activated before using the application MPEG-2. click OK to activate or cancel to abort.

If I hit cancel the application closes down, if I hit OK I get "no permission - bad installation" and then it closes down.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling creator 9 and the windows media player but it hasn't made any difference.

I was having trouble viewing video on media player as well but have followed another acticle and downloaded something that makes it work OK.

I don't know if relevant but I also periodically get an update message from windows followed by " Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 has failed to install".

Any help appreciated.

Ian

2. roxann

roxann

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

4. mrtubs

mrtubs Thread Starter

Many Thanks for your help. I am now up and running.
    Cheers
    Ian

5. JohnnyJJ

JohnnyJJ

Hi Ian,

I am currently having the same problem you had back in 2005 with Roxio. I am having difficulty following the instructions because when I get to: 4) Activation will fail, but this time, choose to Activate Offline.
    5) In the Offline Product Activation window, copy the product 25 Digit product key listed in orange. Do not close this window.

I cannot find the "Activate Offline" window to get the 25 digit product key. Any help?

John

6. mrtubs

mrtubs Thread Starter

Hi
    I upgraded to Roxio media creator 10 and the problem disappeared.

Ian

7. roxann

roxann

what do you think of the program so far?

8. mrtubs

mrtubs Thread Starter

To be honest I do not use it to it's full potential, I only use it to burn DVD's. It would be no better for me than the previous version other than the fact that the previous one stopped working.

Ian

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/627723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice