1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio Creator Classic - unable to burn data files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wgreene, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Many times in the past I have been able to burn data files (photographs) to a blank CD using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7's Creator Classic. All of a sudden, however, I'm unable to do so.

This morning, as always, I opened the program and entered the files (photographs) into my Data Disc Project. I then clicked on Burn and the Burn Progress window appeared; however, at the bottom right of the window I noticed that Burn is greyed-out.

Could someone please tell me why the Burn function has been disabled and how I can solve this problem? Thank you. :confused:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does your CD burner appear in My Computer and does it read CD's.? Are there any setting sin Roxio to select the output drive?

3. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Yes, my CD burner does appear in My Computer in Drive I. Whenever I insert a blank CD the drive symbol changes to a large CD icon with a CD-R tag at the bottom. I don't believe there are settings to select the output drive.

Tonight I also tried to copy an audio CD using Roxio Easy Media Creator's Disc Copier. Both the Source and Destination CD's show up in My Computer, as Audio CD (H) and CD Drive (I). However, when I open Roxio Disc Copier nothing at all shows up in the Source (Drive) and Destination (Recorder) windows. So now I've discovered that I am unable to copy an audio CD, in addition to being unable to copy data files to a blank CD. I did find an update which I downloaded, but that didn't make any difference. I'm beginning to think that maybe none of the programs functions will work, though I've only tried these two. At this point I'm really confused about what the problem is. :confused:

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Thak you for your continued interest in trying to solve my problem.

Yes, both my DVD/CD-RW Drive and DVD Drive are able to read discs containing data.

I'v downloaded two updates -- to 430 and 401.1 -- but for some reason I get a message telling me I can't install the updates because either the program doesn't exist or else I have a different version of the program. I don't understand this message since I know that Easy Media Creator 7 is installed on my computer.

I purchased EMC 7 as a download from Roxio, and last night I e-mailed Roxio Tech Support describing my problems. I should receive a response from them within a few days.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    They have different updates.

Update Easy Media Creator 7 ESD (downloaded)
    April 25, 2004

Update the ESD (Downloaded) version of Easy Media Creator 7.0x to 7.0.430.0 (English Only). For additional information on fixes included click here.

Important Note: This updater is intended for ESD purchases acquired from Roxio as a software download only. If you have the CD-ROM version of Easy Media Creator 7 please apply our retail updater.

updateesdto430.exe - 49.4 MB download

7. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Just now I once again downloaded the Roxio Setup Launcher file (updateesdto430.exe); however, when I attempted to install it I got the same message telling me that the update was uninstallable.

8. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

I received and followed instructions from Roxio and my problem has been solved!

All I had to do was go into the registry and delete "LowerFilters" and then download and run "FilterFixer."

Thanks again for your input.

9. bernardus

bernardus

Roxio is not in all cases reliable with windows
    I encountered many problems with reading CD's on different CD drive's
    The reflection off the optical layers is often to low especially with RW CD's
    Nero is much better software
    In the installation note's off windows is a warning for Roxio software

10. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Thanks for the information.

I had a version of Nero a couple of years ago and enjoyed using it. Then when I read reviews of Roxio's EMC, I decided to give it a try. Chances are very good that I will be switching back to Nero soon.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/336504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice