1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio does not work in Media player 9 on ME

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 60's chick, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 60's chick

60's chick Thread Starter

:confused: Can anyone help me understand why I cannot get the Roxio cd burning feature on MP9 to work on Windows ME?? I have searched and searched for the answer...I get error message that "there is not device capable of burning cds on this computer...well, gees, I thought that Roxio did that very thing! Would appreciate any suggestions you may have...am about the burn the cds the old fashioned way..fire 'em up!

2. Sponsor

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Welcome to TSG 60's! :) I'll request this be moved to another forum so you get an answer! :) Take care! angel :)

4. Flrman1

Flrman1

Hi 60's chick

Welcome to TSG! :)

I've moved this to the All Other Software forum.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Crazy question, but you do have a burner installed? Has it ever worked?

6. 60's chick

Yes, I have Roxio installed on the computer...in fact, I downloaded an update and now seem to have 2 versions of Roxio. With one or two versions, no go. It is as if some vital link is missing between Roxio and the MP9.
    Thanks for the reply!

7. ~Candy~

Ok, 2 versions aren't a good idea, you might try removing both and starting over.

And just to clarify, you have a CDRW drive installed in the computer? This is not software, this is hardware.

8. 60's chick

Yes, I had thought about uninstalling both versions, but I don't know if Roxio would let me reinstall since Roxio was on the computer when I bought it. And the CDRW drive was part of the computer also. All other function work well except the cd burner.

9. ~Candy~

There are software updates that give support to a variety of different burners. Have you ever downloaded updates, patches, etc. for Roxio? What version are you using?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/252718