1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio doesnt recognize any recorders to burn CDs, it did a few days ago tho HELP PLZ!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by saxon2309, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxon2309

saxon2309 Thread Starter

Hello. I have Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 (aka Easy CD & DVD Burning) and when I try to use Creator Classic, Disc Copier, etc. It wont let me burn. It says there are no recorders on my computer. On creator classic, it says "Default recorder: None" and I should be able to click it and change it to my E drive, but there nothing there. I desperatly need this fixed... please help ASAP!
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL WHO HELP!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Fix for missing DVD/CD drives.

Create a text file with NOTEPAD containing the following data exactly as below and name it FIXCD.REG

Double click on the file and say yes to the merge into registry question.

----------------------- Use text after this line, contents of FIXCD.REG -----------------------------
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
    "UpperFilters"=-
    "LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]
    ------------------------------ Use text before this line --------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice