1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio Easy CD-CD Copying

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by WebKitten, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WebKitten

WebKitten Thread Starter

Does anyone use Roxio Easy CD Creator to copy CDs? I was trying to copy a music CD last night and halfway through, I got an error and the recording stopped. I tried it 3 different times, and it kept happening.

Anyone know what the problem could be, or does anyone know of a good copying program?

Thanks.

2. slipe

slipe

You could have a copy protected CD – some of the newer audio CDs have copy protection. If you are using a new batch of blanks they might not be working with your recorder.

If the CD is copy protected you would have to use a program like CloneCD and your CD writer would have to be able to defeat the copy protections.

You could update EZCD: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml

3. karbo

karbo Banned

I remember having the old Adaptec Easy CD Creator (now known as Roxio) a few years ago. I tried burning a RW CD with music to listen on a conventional CD player. It didn't work of course. But Adaptec wasn't informing me that I couldn't do so. The new Roxio must surely advise you.

I don't know what kind of CD you were trying to burn but I think Roxio must be up to date. You should give us more details though.

4. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Yea karbo you are right . You must have the updates or it won`t burn for you . I played with it also but wouldn`t work , so tried alcohol120 for a quick burn and it worked great. Didn`t bother updating as a format is on-going.

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

700mb80min Alcohol 120 looks very interesting. Thanks for posting the link :D

6. suesman

suesman

Ok I musta missed something in the translation. :confused:

I have EZ CD Creator 5 and I just made an exact copy of a brand new cd last night using my LG 16x DRD-8160B DVD & LG GCE 8240b 24x10x40 CD-RW. I just insert the original into the DVD, a blank into the cd-rw & select CD Copier. It recorded a perfect copy that plays in both my home & car cd player.

7. WebKitten

WebKitten Thread Starter

What I was trying to copy was a music CD that was already burned off of another music CD. When I got the error, I thought maybe it was because the CD was a copy.

I tried it again with another music CD that I had bought at a store, and I got the error again. I don't understand what's going on because I've used Roxio to copy programs, and it worked great.

Maybe I'll try Alcohol 120. Thanks. :)

8. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

It's still ion the digital domain so it shouldn't matter if it's a copy of a copy, however certain cheaper brands might give you trouble (I think they're the light greenish color) because the signal is too weak for the laser to pick up. Usually a good brand like TDK will work 9 out of 10 times unless the equipment is bad.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice