1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio Easy CD Creator 6

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by hllywd, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hllywd

hllywd Thread Starter

Suddenly, when attempting to burn a CD, I'm getting the following error message--"There are no supported recorders available. Make sure that your recorder is powered on and that all cables are properly connected. Also,make sure the latest version of the software is installed to ensure you have the latest drivers." If anyone knows what I am doing wrong and can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I know there is a simple download that addresses this topic specifically, but can't seem to find it in cyberspace.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Is the drive functional in other apps/software? If so, you may need to uninstall/reinstall Roxio.

3. hllywd

hllywd Thread Starter

Yes, drive is completely functional in other apps. There are 2 other burn programs that work perfectly. I simply prefer the Roxio suite. I have uninstalled the program to no avail. There is a simple download solution specifically for this problem. I just haven't been able to find it :confused:

4. Hughv

Hughv

5. hllywd

hllywd Thread Starter

There have been 3 burn programs on this computer for 3 years (Roxio CD/DVD #6, Nero, and Windows Media) without a problem. I find it hard to understand why suddenly for no apparent reason, one of them stops working. Roxio's 'solution' seems to be buy an upgrade. NOT!

6. hllywd

hllywd Thread Starter

Eureka!! Download PX engine, run, then restart your computer. Voila.

7. hllywd

hllywd Thread Starter

Roxio should be ashamed of themselves.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The problem is that it's a really old version. I used to use Roxio 6 until it damaged Windows files, caused blue screens, and prevented my burner from working all together. I formatted, reinstalled Windows, and never used another Roxio product. Version 6 was wildly popular but incredibly buggy.

Now I have Windows 7 which has all the burning functionality I need built in.

9. hllywd

hllywd Thread Starter

I knew it was old, but I liked it and had never had a problem with it ...until Wednesday.

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

People generally never have any problems with anything whatsoever.......right up until the moment they do.

11. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Hence the reason for updates and new versions.

12. hllywd

hllywd Thread Starter

They no longer support the products they sold 2 years ago. I think it would make more sense to address the problems they have with the current products. Why would anyone trust them to purchase another?

13. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I had roxio cd creator disks that came with some of my new dell computers and they werent easy to use at all. im glad i saved my old dell sonic record now 6.5 version disk. granted it might be old but it works just fine. i also in my old ibm computers i have ibm record now business version 7 which is basically the same thing and no problems.i know that sonic was bought by roxio but to me the old versions are a lot easier to use.

14. hllywd

hllywd Thread Starter

What ticked me off more than anything else was Roxio telling me that although they sold the product, they weren't the manufacturer--and that they no longer supported Version 9. Suggesting to me to buy a new version is ridiculous. Maybe I'll familiarize myself with NERO.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1000188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice