1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio Easy CD creator - DirectCD problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wazzur, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wazzur

wazzur Thread Starter

can someone please help me with my problem. I have used easy cd creator to burn music cds but today, i tried to make a data cd... I cant even get to the formatting part. When i click on format it does its thing for a while and it says illegal request or something. Says i have to reboot my computer. Then it messes up the cd so it cant be used again.. By the way im using LG burner

2. dai

dai

i don't use roxio i switched to nero because of problems with direct cd but from the posts that have been put up updating to v5 seems to fix the problems

3. slipe

slipe

Welcome to TSG.

If you are formatting RW media it has to be the right type. If you burner has a maximum rewrite speed of 4X or less (12X4X24 for example) you have to use the old 4X media. High speed RW media requires a high speed burner and usually doesn’t work in an older unit. If you have a rewrite speed over 4X you should use high speed media.

This doesn’t apply to CDR. You can use the fastest CDRs no matter what speed your burner.

Update your software. If you have version 5 or newer of EZCD it updates DirectCD when you update EZCD. For version 4 they are separate updates. You can’t upgrade free between versions, but if you have EZCD4 it should be updated to version 4.05 and DirectCD to 3.05 for example. http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml

Also grub around LG and find a firmware update for your burner. Updating the software and firmware will usually fix you up unless you are using the wrong RW media.

Don’t ever “store” anything you don’t have another source for on a packet written RW. It is easy to lose data.

4. wazzur

wazzur Thread Starter

i have easy cd creator platinum v 5.3 .. or whatever the newest version for that is. Im not sure what exactly you mean... but this is what im using : LG burner 8X4X32X ... and im using 80 min 700MB CDR. How would i go about updating my firmware?

5. dai

dai

go to the lg website and look for firmware updates for your burner,make sure you choose the right upgrade for your model if you flash the wrong one you will be buying a new burner.
    d/load and follow their instructions on how to do the flash

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/138066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice