1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

roxio easy cd creator

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mgbgtgrimm, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgbgtgrimm

mgbgtgrimm Thread Starter

Some how my roxio cd thing closed a backup disc and made it unreadable for MS Money. I can't figure out how to make the disc readable again. I have been through every help topic and there is nothing so simple as to say 'how to make disk readable'. Can anybody help me. Greg & Grimm in MI:(

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Usually, when roxio "closes" a cd, it is supposed to make it readable in most CD drives....hmmm

Have you tried copying the pertinent files over to your hard drive and browsing to the files from Money? Do you know what the file extensions should be? Has roxio changed the file extensions?

Try copying the files back to your hd and opening them. Post back and let us know how you did.

MBN

3. mgbgtgrimm

mgbgtgrimm Thread Starter

I copied the file to my C drive and was then able to open MSMoney and retrieve(restore) all my data.
    I then uninstalled Roxio and re-installed my original Adaptec software. The only reason I bought the Roxio is because I read where they bought Adaptec and they had v6 on sale at Office Max so I thought I would update. Ha! big joke that was. I'm now back to where I was before Roxio. My version of Adaptec Always prompts me that it is making the disc writable for adding more info in future. It appears that two disca that I used with Roxio are contaminated and not compatable with Adaptec because when I try to make them writable I get a 'RUN TIME ERROR:pROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADAPTEC\DIRECTCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
    All my other discs that had been created with Adaptec seem to be OK. Greg & Grimm in MI

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/185448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice