1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lschul, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I just installed Media 7.5 and there is an option to back up your computer but it doesn't work for some reason, when I hit it, it starts to open then it just gets stuck, any ideas?

2. Sponsor

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I talked to Roxio tech support today, they think it is a damaged CD and are going to send me a new one. I will update this thread if the problem gets resolved.

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Read what the threader starter in this post had to say.

I have a feeling that ROXIO released a new version that still has a lot of bugs in it. (n)

----------------------------------------------------------------

5. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

thanks, I just responded to him

6. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Roxio said I must have a bad CD, so they sent me another media creator 7.5 and it has the same problem, the back up my PC feature locks up, enought, I sent it back for a refund, what a disappointment. Any other good CD burning programs out there?

7. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1

I have Roxio EMc 7.5 and mine works fine even the backup my pc program... i think it wasn't the cd.

8. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

hmm, anything you think I should try? I just reinstalled it again, I turned spy sweeper, virus, firewall all off. Back up my PC is still stuck once more.

9. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1

when u mean stuck u mean it like freezes at the backup my pc splash screen or like nothing happens at all. I dunno maybe when u install do a complete install instead of typical? hmmm i dont think those programs should be interfering with it. umm. maybe at the main Roxio screen hit the "extra and utilities" under "tools" and hit "Roxio Updater" and get the updates it might fix but not sure mine worked straight from the get go. and if u didnt have any errors during the installion i dont see why it shouldnt work. does everythign else work? like all the other Roxio extentions?

10. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

right, when I open it, it comes up with the orange and red splash screen with the hourglass too, then it simply does nothing, it seems to lock up, if I open another windoe over it then minimize, it keeps that window I was in in the back up my pc window size, then I have to shut the computer down by holding the power button. Everything else seems to work just fine. Are there updates or patches I am missing? I will try tech support one more time, but they haven't solved this issue via support tickets I have submitted.

11. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1

u can try patching it but mine workd fine form the begining maybe do a complete install maybe that will work it could be something else interfering with it but it definetly looks like its crashing on you. but u dont need backup my pc to burn disc u could just use "copy files to disc" option.

12. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1

yeah cuz i think if u don't do a complete install somethings have to be runned off the disc i think.... maybe i dunno

13. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I did the complete install including that extra disc. I don't know if there is an update patch for it or not. If I can't get it to work fully then I don't want it. Maybe tech support will find something for me?

14. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1

try doing the updates from the post i stated further up and if it still doesn't work go to tech support. but its really weird everything but that works.

15. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I don't see where you attached a patch. Is it in there? If not, please send again. I see patches on their site but am not sure if it will further mess me up or not. I guess I can always uninstall.

16. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1

ok when u click on Roxio Easy Media Creator Home and your on that main screen. Got to " Tools" (below DVD) click on "Extras and Utilities" and Click "Roxio Updater" U have to register a user name but it will apply all patches to the EMC.

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!