Roxio Easy Media Creator 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brian Fowler

I have a download offer via my Dell laptop

I want to be able to store the following on CD/DVD
Business Applications (Spreadsheets, Docs. Databases)
Photographs
Video

I also want to back up my PC to RW/CD

Is this product suitable?
Its coaring $50 05 €72 is this the best price or is there a better priced product.

Thanks
Brian
Dublin, Ireland

I still use Roxio 5 Easy CD Creator - came free with both my Dell Workstation and Laptop.

Uses the basic and original Adaptec engine copying software: in fact, Adaptec no longer sell their CD copying product as all proprietory rights have been sold to Roxio.

Roxio software is a very robust and simple to use program.

To back-up files to CD is a snap, as you can Drag 'N Drop in Explorer, when the disk is left open and continue to add files until the disk is full.

Not sure about the price: seems fair.

Paq
:cool: :cool:

alwrmc

B.L.
Brian, Easy Media Creator 7 will work for you (depending as all software of course upon the system and equipment installed). I currently use it and have had no problems. I do not believe that it has a "backup" feature. But you can copy and burn files/folders. I paid $69.95 so I think the price you quoted is about right. Of course there are a number of other products that will work for you also. As Paquadez mentioned, Windows XP should be able to burn to CD also. I have found that a lot of people have not be able to get the Drag n Drop feature in Windows XP to perform burns. The burn feature in Windows XP was licensed from Adaptec (Roxio purchased Adaptec) and if you removed the Adaptec Easy CD Creator software (as I did) then it usually took the Windows XP Drag N Drop ability away also. Nero's latest version (6.x Ultra I believe) should also work and it has a back up feature also. Make sure you get the right version.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online