1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio Easy Media Creator 7

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Axeblue, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Axeblue

Axeblue Thread Starter

I have an O/S Vista Premium. I bought the Roxio Easy Media Creator a couple of years ago when I was using XP and it worked excellent. I now have issues with the program. When I initiate the program the main menu comes up but that is it. When I try to do something like create a data disk or anything else then it just kind of freezes and won't initiate. Has anyone had any experience with this O/S and this software? It seems the company is not interested in anything older than 2009 I cannot even get a response from them. I paid over a hundred dollars for this software so I am a little perturbed that I cannot get it to operate in Vista. I have tried removing it from my computer and doing a complete new install but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I would appreciate any assistance you could offer. If this cannot be corrected then maybe a suggestion of what software could replace it.... I have no intention of giving Roxio any more of my hard earned money if their software is out of date in three years..... and not even an offer of an upgrade at a reasonable price. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
    Wib McMullen

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If I remember right you need to upgrade Roxio as version 7 did not support Vista. I have been using Roxio since I had Windows 98 and have upgraded to a new version on every new OS and have not had issues. Currently we are using 2010 on Windows 7 and version 10 on the Vista machines, and Version 8 on the XP machine.

3. Axeblue

Axeblue Thread Starter

Thank you Dave I was hoping there was a solution that wouldn't cost me any money but obviously I was dreaming LOL.
    I appreciate your information.
    Thank You
    Wib McMullen

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Do you really need the features of Roxio? There are lots of free CD/DVD burning applications. The current release of Roxio is known to be bloated and sometimes unstable. I would look into alternatives.

5. Axeblue

Axeblue Thread Starter

Thank you for that information. Do you have any suggestions? I normally use it to burn dvds and data disks and as a disk copier because I use a different photo editor and I have Pinnacle for a video editor which is far superior. I just wanted to see if there was a patch for this program I paid over a hundred dollars and seems like kind of a rip off when it cannot be formatted for a newer O/S. If you have any specific software in mind I would be very interested especially is it is freeware.
    Thanks
    Wib McMullen

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!