Roxio Error Msg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blinkable

Hi, have some prob with Roxio. Started receiving following msg prob a month ago:

Mediahub.exe- Application Error
The instruction at "0x0036b020" referenced memory at "0x0027f5d0"
The memory could not be "written"
Click on OK to terminate the program

After I clicked OK, this error msg will follow:

Mediahub.exe- Application Error
The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x 00000000"
The memory could not be "read"
Click on OK to terminate the program

After I clicked OK, this error msg will follow:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: ...ommom Files\Sonic Shared\Sonic Central\Main\Mediahub.exe R6025- pure virtual function call

Reformatted and reinstalled ROXIO but still received the final error msg (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library)

And then IE also started same error msg:
ieplore.exe- Application Error: The instruction at "0x66869bc7" referenced memory at "0x00000030". The memory could not be "read". Click on ok to terminate the program.

I am using Windows Media Player 11, which I was informed that it could be the problem?? Then I also asked DELL (since my laptop is DELL Inspiron 640m) and the technician said it is in conflict with Microsoft Office 2003?? :confused: So what to do? (I have no idea why I didnt ask so I will do so on Monday)

Thanks for any help.

blinkable

you meant the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 rite? I checked at the Add or Remove prog and its there.

Windows update always run on its own rite? what hot fixes? where can I get them? how do I know whether I have them?

You get hot fixes at Windows Update. Make sure you have the lastest updates from Microsoft.

blinkable

I dont know what version so I just copied the whole "About this software":

Module Name: Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition
Build: 2.4.32a
Serial Number: SC-204B28K
Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2005

Module Name: PX Engine
Build: 2.2.54a, 68
Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2004

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Audio
Version: 2.0.4
Build: 204B28I, RCB
Serial Number: CK7MLEHCWVS3HRNG2

Module Name: Home

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Data
Build: 204B37E, RCB
Serial Number: CLTUVS6F28A6YBHFW

Module Name: Launch Backup
Build: 204B37E, RCB

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Copy
Build: 204B28K, RCB
Serial Number: CQGMVJ9FWDCZ7EEG6

Hope this helps?

OK. so you have an oem version of creator. but from your first posting, i don't think the problem is roxio at this point. did you do the updates from microsoft and speak to dell again?

blinkable

The link that gamerbyron put up I did went and checked out but I am so comp dummy I seriously dont know what to update! Do I dl the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0? What are the hot fixes?? Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online