1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio Music CD creation from MP3 - no audio??? help please.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by rshook, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rshook

rshook Thread Starter

Using roxio creator 5 with updates. I have never and still have no problem copying music CD's, etc. Now I am trying to take some MP3 files and make music CD's. I have tried the music CD project and Soundstream - I have tried track at once and finalize the CD and Disk at once methods. Problem: The CD is created and each track is visible afterwards in my PC drives and in my car but.....no audio is present. I have tried every combo of options to figure this out. The burner is working fine, I can make a cd from a cd with audio no problem. Any advice or obvious issues that I'm missing? thanks!

2. rshook

rshook Thread Starter

I have now tried two CD-R brands, Maxell and Imation with the same results. The files are created as Track01.CDA, 02, etc. with file creation dates of ?Sunday, January 01, 1995?.

3. rshook

rshook Thread Starter

I just copied the entire 9 tracks to my hard drive first. Same result when burning to the CD. But.... when I try to preview the songs from the xxx.CIF file on the hard drive, no sound either. So it's not the burning process, it's something to do with the file extraction???

4. rshook

rshook Thread Starter

ahhhh, thought I had it. I used Cakewalk Pyro to convert the MP3's to WMA files. They play fine off the hard drive. But,,, copying them to the CD-R...the files go as Track01, etc. but no audio! I'm going crazy.

5. Flrman1

Flrman1

One thing you don't have to worry about rshook is converting the mp3's as Easy CD does that in the process of burning.

One thing that may help someone else answer is more details. System specs soundcard etc.....

6. Mahmud603

Mahmud603

Burn your MP3 files as a Data CD. Try that on a CD-RW if you wish to test it first.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice