1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio/Nero

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by plmrrik, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plmrrik

plmrrik Thread Starter

I have read here that the two do not live well together in the same house.i am new to DVD burning, and my new (inexpensive Digital Max) DVDRW came with Nero. I have been using Roxio (Easy 6) which has DVD capabilities. My question is weather to keep the Roxio or uninstall it in favor of Nero. --- Also came with Cyberlink PowerDVD 5 ---> What is it ?

2. help4me

help4me

I have never used roxio, but I have Nero (came with dvd burner as well) and I can't say that I like it. But as that is all I have right now I have to use it.

3. emoxley

emoxley

I very much prefer Nero to Roxio. Both are ok with cds, but Nero leaves Roxio in the dust, with dvds.
    Cyberlink Power DVD5 is a software dvd player. It's ok..........

4. plmrrik

plmrrik Thread Starter

Thanx for the replys .. still hung up on my Roxio but am very tempted to dump it for Nero (had nero briefly a while back and did like it).

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Nero is best in my experience as well, runs rings round Roxio.

I think the only time they conflict is probably when DirectCD or InCD are installed from either package, which is the packet writing "drag and drop" software that I would never ever use or recommend, I never install those utilities. They remain loaded and active, hence the conflict.

6. plmrrik

plmrrik Thread Starter

hmmmmm, O.K. - so now i am considering loading the Nero and not uninstalling roxio (but will be sure not to include the Incd portion of Nero).

7. lisakmusco

lisakmusco

I'm confused. I thought the InCD utility was required in order to recognize/read the CD's that were created with Nero Burning Rom....I am fairly certain I tried to leave InCD out (so it wouldn't autostart and run constantly - couldn't find a setting to tell it not to), but when I tried to view something on a CD I had previously burned I couldn't until I reinstalled InCD. I could be wrong....it's been awhile and I just accepted that I had to have it and had to deal with it loading every time I rebooted.

8. plmrrik

plmrrik Thread Starter

Well, now I am confused.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!