1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio takes over - How to stop it?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by squiggle, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. squiggle

squiggle Thread Starter

Roxio 6 seems to have taken over. I,m burning coasters. Any ideas?

Also, I had to remove musicmatch (which I liked) because it was constantly popping up when I didn't want it too.

Simarlarly, Real Player and Windows Media Player always fight together. I feel like a referee losing control at a big game.

Is there a way to gain control?

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

click on start. select Set Program Access and defaults, goto CUSTOM. scroll down to default media player. select the one you want as default. and make sure there is no check in the other ones.

if that does not work. you can always delete the ones not used by add/remove programs. except windows media player.

3. squiggle

squiggle Thread Starter

Thanks. That seems to restrict the player apps.

Now, any ideas why Roxio lets me burn CDs but not DVDs?

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What DVD burner do you have installed?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327213

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice