1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roxio v Nero

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Startreker, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Startreker

Startreker Thread Starter

HI There

I have a laptop that came with Roxio Easy CD Creater 10LJ pre-installed and i wanted to create create DVD's from some AVI Videos that i have on my hard drive.

I used to use Nero Vision on my old pc with Nero installed and had no problems with that installed alone.

I want to install Nero (bought last year) on my laptop but not sure if it will conflict with Roxio.

I use Roxio at the moment to make Data DVD's as backup etc.

I do not want to uninstall Roxio as i do not have a copy of it as it came pre-installed and if something goes wrong with the nero installation then i cannot install it again.

Keith

System:
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
    ([email protected] 2.2GHz 2.2 Ghz)
    4.00GM Memory
    64 Bit System

2. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

3. Startreker

Thanks for the reply Lordsmurf.

I was really looking at using Nero (even an old version) as i liked Nero Vision setup and interface to use.

Will have a look at the llink that you posted.

Keith

4. stantley

stantley

If you go with Nero, it would be better to uninstall Roxio, but you should at least uninstall DLA.

When you install Nero don't install INCD. DLA and INCD will conflict because they both run in the background to control packet writing.

If you've already paid for NeroVision and like the interface I would try that first before buying another DVD authoring program.

5. Startreker

Thanks Stantly

I might do that but am trying DVD flik at the moment and have only done 1 dvd and the sound was about 1 second out of synch.

What is DLA?

I just did not want to lose Roxio because i have not really had any problems with it but just doesnot convert and burn AVI etc Files to DVD.

I get the option to upgrade to Roxio Creator 2010 but my guessing this will not have that function in it either.

Was really wanting both on the system but as security programs it is best not to have more than one of the same type of product installed.

Keith

6. stantley

stantley

7. Startreker

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!