RPC, MSI, User Logon Svc Errors - what's the root cause?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zapp22

apologies for lumping several problems in this post but my guess is that they are related.
The system is a HP DC-series business desktop with ATI Radeon 5xxx series card, conventional spinning sata drive etc and Windows 7 Ultimate x64 that had been rock-solid for four years until now.
Already checked for malware etc and general performance issues - its ok.

I'm attaching a composite log: basically pulling some of the errors from the last two days, from the Event Log, copying the detail and pasting into a .doc. In quick succession I had MSI failes [Windows update fails - not all, just some], uninstall/install issues, and then created a new User acct, admin-privileges, to help in the debug. Never have been able to logon to that account and you'll see the trail in the attached.

my own suspicion is that this is all related to a failed .NET 4.0 attempt, after which I took tips from MS tech forums [visual basic forum and others ] to try to resolve that one including the use of automated .NET cleanup scripts that the gurus there had devised.
But, I could be wrong... it may be that these are not correlated.

Would some of you experienced techs give this a look and suggest some course of action to root-cause and remedy?

thx
z

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online